Thursday, September 29, 2011

the news

I couldn't help but blog... All I have to do to forget about my solitude and how much it hurts, is watch the news on al-jazeera. Yallah ya Souriya! How I dream to see Syria free! How I dream of seeing Bachar in a court room! And how I dream of seeing Gaddafi in chains.

I did go jogging this am, and I even got lost in my neighborhood. It's nice to go jogging and to even get lost and feel scared. As I ran, I felt strength everywhere in my body, then I went and sat on the Tennessee river and cried.

Single motherhood is not something new to me, but I no longer share my stories with the father of my children and it gets lonely around here.

Now though that I'm watching the news, I'm doing better. I still have a long day running the children. Reading Assia Djebar also brought tears to my eyes. I wondered if lives of Maghrebi women were simply miserable or if we contributed to the melodrama that is our lives?

I should be thankful... at least I have my freedom, and I am not in Libya or Syria or Yemen, amongst the other places in the world where bullets fly like birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment