Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another day in Tennessee

Apparently Harry Potter is out in Syrian dialect. Ok... For anyone who doesn't know this, the actual Harry Potter books have been translated into Arabic. Leaving around 80-90 year old women, has made me wonder if I will be that slow at their age. That is, if I make it. At the end of my day, I find myself listening to Pitbull's "give me everything". It reminds me of my days in Tunisia, when was that? Not that long ago!!!! I'm starting to get psyched about living in the Bible belt because everyday is a learning experience. And, as everyone who knows me knows, I'm anti-routine, anti-everyday, anti-stagnation, anti-borrrrrrrdom... So I guess it's not that bad after all. The first 24 hours, I dreamt of 'stability'... Occasionally I have 'une crise de stabilite'... Soon enough, it's over and I'm back to my nomadic nature.
Tomorrow's adventures will start with a visit from the handyman since I have leaks in the bathroom and the kitchen, then, I continue unpacking boxes while awaiting for my furniture to arrive. I so look forward to sleeping in a bed although my best friend's airmattress has been bliss. I'm doing laundry, and procrastinating on my work, which I should be doing... Instead of listening to Pitbull... How is it that someone like me listen to Pitbull just proves my strangeness.
I didn't apply to that fellowship. My mother sent me an email giving me orders to do so asap so I didn't do it, just because I wanted to be contrary to my mother and because I'm 34 and my mother still tells me what to do. She also finds excuses for the asses in my life all the time. But again, she's my mom and although I beat her on the 'weirdometer' she's pretty out there herself. Enough on my mom, she's great!
Anyhow know how the hell do I register to elect in October? If I need to drive back to DC to register at the embassy, I will do so immediately. I have a few business items that have not been taken care of out there, so I have no problem driving 8 hours North, after driving 8 hours South.
Ok, off to reading, as I prepare to lecture about 'malaise'... Je souffre d'un malaise moi-meme ::)) Not really!
Apologies for all my dear friends who call me and I can't pick up. I have no reception in my apt. I live in a jungle. I have to walk out on the street to get reception on my cell. Skype has become a better action, until I take over mommy duty. The idea of having a mattress, a bedside table is so blissful right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment